Picnic

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yeah, that brings back good memories, don't it?

Okay, lets do it and make it Lake Oswego on the 10th. Lets hear if you are coming or not and we can decide who brings what............bob

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica and I will be there.

BTW, where exactly are these picnic benches there?

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
There is one on the right when you first walk in to the beach from the parking lot and one further up on the left (if my memory serves me well). I guess you are right Guy, they are not that important if we bring a table or 2. I have a small one I can bring. So the best thing to do is stake out the best spot and try to grab it early.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have seen trailers or tents on the other side of the lake up the closed off road across the dam. Is that area usable?

Guy

BobM said:
Can you swim?

Yeah, can you? :D

Calico Ridge is on the way to Martha. It is not a picnic area and there are no tables and I'm sure we would not be able to grill. Sound good so far? It is a high ridge on the Oswego River where there used to be a tree swing. I haven't swam there in years but I would think you still could. We wouldn't be alone there as I always see people there but never too crowded.
Another idea would be the pumping station but the water is very shallow there.

Steve

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
TeeGate said:
I have seen trailers or tents on the other side of the lake up the closed off road across the dam. Is that area usable?

Guy

Thats private property and is probably why you see trailers there.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
What's up folks

I was looking forward to the Picnic but a friend of mine is having his annual pig roast in Medford on the same day. Maybe I could meet up with the crew in the evening. Medford is not that far from Lake Oswego.
Tom

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
long-a-coming said:
What's up folks

I was looking forward to the Picnic but a friend of mine is having his annual pig roast in Medford on the same day. Maybe I could meet up with the crew in the evening. Medford is not that far from Lake Oswego.
Tom

Don't worry about it Tom. A pig roast is hard to leave, I've been in that situation before.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If that is what you want........ go with it.

If you have to pay money you may want to wait until you see who is coming. It has been quiet.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Damn, today's a great day for a picnic, right?...:cry:

Here's the deal. Some sanity in the process if you will. First, it won't hurt my feelings if nobody comes or wants to. Its no big deal. My fault anyway for the false starts. I can deal with that.

But lets start anew with some ground rules. I don't want to have a picnic with less than, say, 8 people counting myself. We have 4 so far. I want to assume those 4 are committed regardless of location unless they say otherwise.

So, I need at least 4 more committed to come by next Friday night (2 September) at 10pm. If we don't have them, its off till next year. We can try again. Not a big deal.

For those committed, we will vote via private message (by Monday night) from one of the 4 below locations. I won't vote:

Oswego Lake
Calico Ridge
My House
Bamber lake ($5 or $6)

We'll reveal the votes if no place wins a majority, then we'll vote one more time. If no majority for a place, we scrap and forget it. If we do have a majority for a place, then we go with it and firm up who's bringing what by the following Wednesday.

So, think about it between now and next Friday............bob.