RAIN?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My brother just bought a new one. Maybe because of that it won't snow.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Looks like I got between three and four inches of rain here, and they only forecast a maximum of two and a half. The last few storms have all been bigger than forecast. Just glad that it wasn't cold enough to be snow instead of rain.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
434 AM EST Mon Dec 17 2018

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central Delaware, northern
Delaware, southern Delaware, northeast Maryland, central New
Jersey, northern New Jersey, northwest New Jersey, southern New
Jersey, east central Pennsylvania, northeast Pennsylvania and
southeast Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

There is a low probability for widespread hazardous weather.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Tuesday through Sunday.

A strong storm system will affect the region late this week. Heavy
rain and localized flooding is possible, especially given recent
rainfall.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
And winter comes on Friday. Ominous, eh? The old bogs behind us are so wet a small herd of deer have settled in behind the house. With this latest forecast, they just might try to move in :eek:

Reactions: Toothy Critter
T

Toothy Critter

I am in no way trying to minimalize or dismiss any hardships or setbacks anyone has experienced due to all the rain we've had this year, but, we must all at least agree that all this water has come at a critical time for the land we all love so much. In the very least we can take solace that the rain has, for the most part, come with some well placed timing, with intervals in between to allow some drainage before the next storm. One just has to study the groundwater levels from the wells. Where most levels were approaching record lows since data has been recorded, some levels of the Aquifer have risen as much as 4 feet since March of this year. I am as guilty as anyone by complaining about rain that has spoiled many fishing outings, and camping trips. But when it all comes down to it, it is about the landscape we enjoy, and the health of the flora and wildlife that reside in the Pines. But again, my sincere thoughts for anyone that has suffered any hardships or damage. Best the rain has fallen 2 or 3 inches at a time than all at once.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
upload_2018-12-19_17-28-33.png

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
The text forecast is now calling for less rain. Warm night ahead, temperature rising to 62 degrees.

Tonight
New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Friday
New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Had a few gusts of wind in the night that were impressive.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Don't think the wind ever got very strong down here. The rain ended about noon and the sun has actually been peeking through. About two inches here so far and I don't see much coming on the radar, but you never know. Just got back from a walk around my woods. The creek is up over its banks, pretty heavy lowland flooding also lots of upland flooding. But that is pretty typical right after a storm, I'm sure it will subside over the next few days.