RAIN?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
This would be good, it is getting very dry at my place.

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 12.17.02 PM.png

Reactions: NJChileHead

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It has been great riding around in the pines with no puddles. One can go almost anywhere.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We have had .41 for the week and .37 since midnight. Most of the difference was between 9 and midnight last night. We did have .1 around 4PM yesterday when I was about to vacuum out my car.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Almost no rain out in Shamong, this is looking like another fake rain storm. Weathermen have been really awful this summer, we really need rain bad and a lot.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
It has been extended. They are getting a lot of rain! :siren:

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 9.22.31 AM.png

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Flash Flood Warning
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
913 AM EDT Mon Aug 22 2022

The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has extended the

* Flash Flood Warning for...
Southeastern Ocean County in southern New Jersey...

* Until 1100 AM EDT.

* At 913 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
heavy rain across the warned area. Between 2 and 4 inches of rain

have fallen. The expected rainfall rate is 1 to 2 inches in 1
hour. Additional rainfall amounts up to 1 inch are possible in the

warned area. Flash flooding is already occurring.

HAZARD...Flash flooding caused by thunderstorms.

SOURCE...Radar.

IMPACT...Flooding of small creeks and streams, urban areas,
highways, streets, and underpasses as well as other
drainage and low lying areas.

* Some locations that may experience flash flooding include...
Surf City, Beach Haven West, and Manahawkin.

Reactions: smoke_jumper

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Almost no rain out in Shamong, this is looking like another fake rain storm. Weathermen have been really awful this summer, we really need rain bad and a lot.

Agree, I don't know what the heck is going on but this is at least the 4th time in the past 6 weeks that there's been a 90+% chance of rain prediction the day before the event and the chance evaporates as the day of the event progresses. Last night the prediction was that it would start raining around 5 a.m. this morning and rain all day and steadily (that's for here in Mercer County). We got a little less than a 10th of an inch last night, a brief shower this morning, and nothing since. :argh:

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
At this point I'm praying for the remnants of a tropical depression. It's not ideal because if it's a lot of rain in a short time, a good amount will run off, but we need something to recharge the wetlands badly. There are two active depressions in the Atlantic right now, looks like there's no chance #1 will come our way but hoping that #2 pans out. Of course I don't want a direct hit with a cat 4 but if the remnants can dump 4-5 inches of rain on us over the course of 36 hours it might be a blessing.

Reactions: dragoncjo

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Well, I'm very surprised, we got over an inch. It was really pounding down hard, I can tell by the sand and pine needles that washed up on my little trails. I was absorbed with finishing up my new map during the storm, but I'm pretty sure it lasted less than an hour.

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
Forecast for Tuesday around my neck of the woods is heavy rain with 3/4" to 1" predicted. Could finally get some bona fide precipitation.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I had something planned in the pines on Tuesday and the weather does not look promising.