Religious experience in the Pine's anyone?

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Jerseyman, thanks a bunch for posting that photo! I'd never seen it before. That place is sacred to me. My grandfather is buried there. I can certainly say I've had some spiritual moments there, although, oddly enough, I've never attended a Sunday service. Someday, perhaps.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
As of 11 years ago there was a woman preacher there.i forget her name.The reason i know is me and my wife were going to get married there but this preacher wanted us to attend marriage classes first.She didn't appear any older then we were and we weren't disposed to be lectured about marriage by someone our age so we declined.I guess we've been doing alright without the classes anyway,we're still together.
Al

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
As of 11 years ago there was a woman preacher there.i forget her name.The reason i know is me and my wife were going to get married there but this preacher wanted us to attend marriage classes first.She didn't appear any older then we were and we weren't disposed to be lectured about marriage by someone our age so we declined.I guess we've been doing alright without the classes anyway,we're still together.
Al

We had to do pre-cana before my wedding. It was pretty much a waste of time in my opinion. 12 hours in a church basement talking about a bunch of nothing.

I doubt it makes a difference in keeping families together.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We had to do pre-cana before my wedding. It was pretty much a waste of time in my opinion. 12 hours in a church basement talking about a bunch of nothing.

I doubt it makes a difference in keeping families together.

I agree completely. That is the biggest waste of time ever. The churches in this country need to wake up and join the real world.

Guy

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I agree completely. That is the biggest waste of time ever. The churches in this country need to wake up and join the real world.

Guy

I'm a non-practicing born Catholic, and I married a Catholic girl, in a Catholic church, and I got to do the whole pre-cana thing. The priest gave me the ebil eye the whole time.

But I still consider that time better spent than the several weeks I spent in a basement room with a dozen other young couples practicing breathing. Nobody ever answered my question as to why, if she is carrying the kid, I needed to learn to breathe.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I did that pre-cana thing also. The pastor kind of took to us and we ended up having dinner at his house. He had a really cool triumph spitfire he was restoring in his garage. The actually disscussions were strange though. I was told not to pick up women in supermarkets or something like that. I don't know.

Jeff

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I would say I have definitly had many spiritual experiences in the pines. I always go to the pines to center myself or sort things out. Being surrounded by so much life out there is both humbling and enlightening.

Jeff

AJ1957

Scout
Apr 18, 2008
The outdoor chapel at YMCA Camp Ockanickon in Medford.

IMG_1734.jpg