The NEW Beer Thread

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Flying Fish soon set to deliver Exit 8
Well, sometime in the year’s shortest month, Flying Fish will finally release the next stop on its Exit Series. Welcome to Exit 8, a Chestnut Brown Ale.
Flying-Fish-Exit-8-570x369.jpg

The long-delayed eighth stop on our mult-year trip to explore New Jersey though its beer and culture brings up to, coincidentally, Exit 8 and celebrates what puts the “Garden” in Garden State. Did you know that New Jersey has more than 9,800 farms covering 790,000 acres? We’re in the top four nationally in blueberries, cranberries, spinach, peaches, bell peppers and head lettuce produced. Not bad for the most densely populated state. To celebrate Exit 8, one of our big farming areas, we’ve brewed a beer that uses a lost local ingredient chestnuts-and a popular current one – local honey.
“This full-bodied hybrid Belgian-style brown ale brings forward a nutty character from the chestnuts, accented by the flavors of honey, roasted barley and oat flakes. Theres’a nice spienes from the Mt. Rainer hops while the Chinooks add a touch of pine. Fuggles and Columbus round out the hop profile. Exit 8 pairs perfectly well with hearty foods like roast pork, sausages, or a nice aged gouda.”
It’s on the strong side at 8.3 percent.
Still trying to find out when and where it debuts, but I know it’s pouring Friday, Feb. 10 at The Drafting Room in Exton, Pa.
by Todd Shaner

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I likes. Do you brew?

I haven't done any of my own brewing, but recently I became familiar with the entire process. Early this winter, I helped my good friend and his father brew a batch of honey lager. I enjoyed being involved making it, and the results were awesome. Lately, I have been in a soda jerk phase, indulging in a few gourmets. I was drinking a Virgil's root beer last night when I asked about the Lagunita's. I plan on making my own root beer or cream soda in a couple of weeks. To be honest, I haven't thought about brewing my own beer, but that could change.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Turtle Stone Brewery..........
VINELAND — A beer launch planned for this weekend(4/21/12) is the first time Turtle Stone Brewery will offer its beer for sale to the public.
“We are a new production micro-brewery located in Vineland. We aren’t currently open to the public, so everything we produce now is in kegs for sale to bars,” said Becky Pedersen, a co-owner with Ben Battiata.
They founded Turtle Stone Brewing Co. in 2006, then launched it in an old warehouse on South West Boulevard in 2011.
They took their time traveling and researching, speaking with breweries and beer pub owners, and acquiring equipment and a location.
That’s why they’re really excited to now have an opportunity to share their three newest beers with the public.“The Oar House will be running specials on the beer and are planning a menu that pairs with the beer,” she said. “We will be there doing some giveaways.”

http://www.thedailyjournal.com/arti...rs-M-ville?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE