Why can't I lose this gut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
when was this? I have photographic evidence of you leaving wendy's just a few days ago:
lip-2.jpg

I was waiting at the bus stop, which is by Wendy's! I go in there to use the restroom, that's it!:argh:

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Well a few posts ago you said that this winter you did a lot of "walking at approx 3mph." I hate to be the one to break it to you but 3 mph does not translate to 15 min per mile. It means 20 minutes per mile. There is a huge difference in terms of effort between 3 and 4 mph. This is why I asked about your margin of error previously. If you said you walked a mile in 15 +/- 5 min. Then I might be fine with that. Otherwise I'm still skeptical of your 4 mph claim. Only illegals running from minutemen go that fast!:siren:

I come up with that figure by looking at how many miles I walked and dividing by how long it takes to do the walk. So on those long 16 mile hikes that took me approx 4.5 hours to do, average mph would be 3.5mph, you have to remember all the times I stopped to take pictures too, so at times I was going 4mph.
The weather is warmer now, but lets take a look at a hike I did a couple of days ago, 8 miles in 2 hours, I was fast and that averages 4mph.
you can go to fitness calculatorhttp://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/jumpsite/calculat.htm.
So on a 16 mile hike at 3.5mph for 4.5 hours (270min) I burned 1321 calories, or on the recent hike I burned 772 calories. The longer the hike is better than the faster the hike. It's better to go on 16 mile walk than an 8 mile one at slightly faster.
I definately can do a mile in 15 min, I did one mile in 13 min the other day. I am faster now that I dont eat Wendy's, I am less sluggish. But at my usual pace it's usually a mile every 20 min, only because if I go too fast I'll miss a photographic opportunity. Like the other day on the trail I was going around a bend fast and scared off a huge wild turkey 6 feet or so in front of me, if I was going slower I would have seen it sooner and maybe caught it on camera. So I guess you're righta bout that, but I definately do walk faster than 3mph, just not all the time.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Sometimes I went into Wendy's and asked for a free cup of water. And they gave me one. Oh the horror of courtesy!:ghost:
You know there's more to life than dollars and cents.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
So you have some intrinsic right to just walk in to some restaurant and use their bathroom without being a paying patron? :taco:

Jesus christ, I am just using the restroom! If you want next time I'll go to the water district find out how much it costs to flush and rinse and will re-imbruse them!:rofl:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Jesus christ, I am just using the restroom!

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." - Exodus 20:7

Don't worry though, Jesus wouldn't eat at Wendy's and He probablly doesn't have time to monitor these forums, what with all the strife in the world.
:)

Mar 10, 2008
Sorry for taking the lord "in vain". But you guys are cruel. That's all I have to say and you know it.

I don't think I'm cruel, I was just trying to clear up why you were in wendy's after saying you haven't eaten there in a while. And if you eat as much fast food as you say you do, then I'll bet you were tempted while in there. What would you think if you caught a recovering drug addict in a crack house? Sure he would say he's just in there to meet a friend or something like that, but we all know the truth.
And I agree with bruset, restrooms are for paying customers only. It's common courtesy to the proprietors. And you have the audacity to complain about how the illegals aren't courteous and have no values.

Mar 10, 2008
I come up with that figure by looking at how many miles I walked and dividing by how long it takes to do the walk. So on those long 16 mile hikes that took me approx 4.5 hours to do, average mph would be 3.5mph, you have to remember all the times I stopped to take pictures too, so at times I was going 4mph.
The weather is warmer now, but lets take a look at a hike I did a couple of days ago, 8 miles in 2 hours, I was fast and that averages 4mph.
you can go to fitness calculatorhttp://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/jumpsite/calculat.htm.
So on a 16 mile hike at 3.5mph for 4.5 hours (270min) I burned 1321 calories, or on the recent hike I burned 772 calories. The longer the hike is better than the faster the hike. It's better to go on 16 mile walk than an 8 mile one at slightly faster.
I definately can do a mile in 15 min, I did one mile in 13 min the other day. I am faster now that I dont eat Wendy's, I am less sluggish. But at my usual pace it's usually a mile every 20 min, only because if I go too fast I'll miss a photographic opportunity. Like the other day on the trail I was going around a bend fast and scared off a huge wild turkey 6 feet or so in front of me, if I was going slower I would have seen it sooner and maybe caught it on camera. So I guess you're righta bout that, but I definately do walk faster than 3mph, just not all the time.

I'm sorry but I still don't believe it. I could say I walk 10 mph and throw some numbers around that support that calculation. It doesn't mean the numbers are actually based in reality. There's no way for you to verify it.
And those online calorie calculators are misleading. Each person's metabolism is very different. There are way too many factors left out in these calculations. And if you were burning as many calories as you say you are, I would venture to guess you'd be a bit slimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.