Another 5AM outing

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Al, Mikebaker.com has Russell Juelgs plant list of the Pine Barrens and surrounding area, this will shorten the list to what is local.

Oji, thanks for the reminder for Al and myself. As simple as it sounds, I need a reminder every now and then to think of the location, location, and location. Bobpbx reminded me once before... Pine Barrens.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I have been to that list and cannot fathom how to search for anything on it other then scrolling and watching the right hand column.I' am trying to locate sedges on it now.I see no regular search bar.I'm sure it is a very useful tool once mastered. This must be what my wife sees when she looks at a topo map???

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Great job, You narrowed it down. Lucky it wasn't a Carex! Whenever your in the woods pick a couple plants out and try to ID them.

JersyDeb

Jul 20, 2012
Piney by Birth
Photos are wonderful! (My word for them would be BadAss)
You can not RSVP to the upcoming outing, do people go anymore? I was cruising thru the back roads of Atsion/Batsto a couple weeks ago....Enjoyed it, but the temps were HIGH! Last time I walked thru Batsto, was probably 4 years ago....Just curious I guess.....thanks for any info that you can send my way!

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Nice report and great photos, Guy. I saw a racoon running ALONG the roadside the other night which is strange behavior. I've seen rabid racoons before and they are down right scary.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
When I lived in Belleplain there was a man who was working on his back on the ground under his van and a rabid racoon in broad daylight ran up to him and bit him on top of his head.I remember after that the rest of the year there were signs all over the state forest that there was bait nearby dosed with rabies vaccine.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I again headed out before sunrise and arrived in the big woods as the sun came up. I only had a few hours so I looked over some area's I missed recently. Along the way I found these.

Shy

IMG_0338.JPG

Not long for this world.

IMG_0360a.jpg

I stood next to this before I even saw it.

IMG_0366a.jpg

Eventually, it became concerned

IMG_0369a.jpg