Atsion Get-Together: Sunday, August 23, 2009

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Glad you all can make it!

BTW, I will try to get those articles I mentioned earlier posted rather then have them that day. You can all read them before you arrive.

Guy

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
Count me in as a maybe too, I'll rsvp when it gets closer.

The last gtg last fall/winter was a lot of fun.

Just an update on this, looks like I will make it now! Also, I ran into Chuck (maxwellandson) at the 4H fair today who sounded like he was interested too, along with his brother. So theres a few more potential people, maybe more.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
The Beck's Canal trip (last get-together) was neat! Plus it was fun meeting forum-ites. Like then, this'll probably be a day-before decision for me (complicated schedules are my life); I hope it won't be too late. Seems like quite a few are lining up for this one. The mansion might fill up. :)

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
We'll be confining our explorations to the East side of 206, mainly because the state will charge you to get anywhere near the rec center. So if anybody was looking forward to seeing the Catholic Cemetery, you're going to be out of luck. Hopefully seeing the mansion up close and personal will make up for it.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
I've been wanting to get into that mansion for years to see if the rumors are true. :ghost:
I'd like to join you. (There's safety in numbers) :D

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Am I correct in assuming we'll be outside walking around, besides he mansion tour?? If so, I have to treat my clothes with some tick repellant stuff.

I am really looking forward to spending some time at Atsion on Sunday. Especially with the folks from the forum here!!!!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Yes, we'll also be walking around a bit. Truthfully, not a whole lot. I have been somewhat lax about actually preparing for a walking tour.

Also, there's a pretty decent chance it will rain on Sunday. If it does we could just do a mansion tour and then head to the pic, or reschedule entirely. What say you?

Yes, we'll also be walking around a bit. Truthfully, not a whole lot. I have been somewhat lax about actually preparing for a walking tour.

Also, there's a pretty decent chance it will rain on Sunday. If it does we could just do a mansion tour and then head to the pic, or reschedule entirely. What say you?

Ben:

Walking around a little bit and hopefully sticking primarily to roads and well worn paths would be fine with me—I am not interested in bringing home any souvenirs with me in the form of biting and/or skin-burrowing insects. If it rains, the mansion tour and then to the Pic should be the orders of the day. At this point in time, it would be a shame to cancel the whole event because of forecasted precipitation, especially since we may even have some out-of-towners attending. So, let’s stick to the original plans as much as possible.

That’s my $0.02 worth. Anyone else?

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
I heard this morning that Saturday is going to be the rainy day and Sunday is going to be really nice. My vote is to stick with the 23rd. Should it rain, we'll just do the mansion and go to the pic afterwards. No better way to spend a rainy (if it should) day than with friends and a couple of cold ones afterwards.

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Does anyone know if there is a campground near Atsion that has a dumping station? We were away last week with the camper, with no place to dump the tanks. Perhaps I can get to see the mansion, hang at the Pic, and empty the tanks in one trip.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Does anyone know if there is a campground near Atsion that has a dumping station? We were away last week with the camper, with no place to dump the tanks. Perhaps I can get to see the mansion, hang at the Pic, and empty the tanks in one trip.

Not really sure but you could try to call Paradise Lakes Campground off 206 in Hammonton. 10 minutes away and for a fee they may allow it. I am not that familiar with camping places so just a guess.
Hope to see you.

g.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run

Banjo,

There's a dump station at the Atsion Family Campground inside of a mile from the mansion. However, there is a $15 fee payable at the the ranger station.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica and I will be there before or at 11:15. See you then.

Guy