Beer (again)

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Cool. I was there, on my way to Tangle Lakes. Isn't that view to the north while on that highway the absolute Boss?

Sorry I'm a couple of weeks late on seeing this and posting. My wife and I just got back from our first trip to Alaska. We did a cruise with some excursions inland, and to say the scenery was breath taking is an understatement! I've (temporarily) replaced my Chatsworth Lake back ground with snow capped peaks on my computer. We really want to go again and see Denali.
Greg

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I introduced my German boss to Sam Adams Octoberfest brew and he liked that. Also Rolling Rock. Right now he is smitten with Yuenglings. If you've ever been to Germany you will find yourself in the Valhalla of Beers. I liked the weiss beers over there.

I have spent my entire life living within a couple mile radius of where I was born, except for 3 years when my dad was stationed in Munich, Germany. Although I was just a kid then I do have some memories of Oktoberfest. I'm sure my German-Irish dad had a great time! DSC00560.jpg

uh60chick

Scout
Jul 14, 2007
Best beer in the world is from the monastery at Kreuzberg. I was stationed near Frankfurt, and we would drive an hour or more to get kegs of the stuff for our parties. Kloster Kreuzberg

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
You got it. Thats my spot on the rappahanock river. Five miles to the put in, 25 minute paddle up river.Great fishing. Public land; you can camp,fish, shoot,drink, and not break any laws. VA is pretty cool. I never tried any of the smuttynose brews, it was really good.

It's amazing how many more freedoms other states allow, especially as you head south.
Delaware State Parks allow alchohol too.
No alcohol in NJ State Forests is stupid but it will never change.
Because it is illegal, no one wants to get caught with an empty so it contributes to the trash problem in the woods. People will chance bringing it in but sure as hell won't risk getting nailed with the empties.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
People will chance bringing it in but sure as hell won't risk getting nailed with the empties.

I find that stuffing the empties down rabbit holes, snake holes, tossing them up in bird nests, and filling them with sand to get them to sink in a stream get rid of that annoying problem and at the same time preserve the serene look of the landscape. What you can't see, don't look so bad now does it?

g.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I find that stuffing the empties down rabbit holes, snake holes, tossing them up in bird nests, and filling them with sand to get them to sink in a stream get rid of that annoying problem...g.

We tried getting rid of you that way George, but like a bad penny....

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Well—looks who’s being “holier” than thou! George warned me about you, Bob!!

:D :D :D

Jerseyman

No! Did he really say that? What, tales out of school....and by phone? George told me that he would never tell the house detective anything.

With posts between George and I you can never connect the dots, or say there is linkage by cause and effect. It is all done by "opportunity" to have fun.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
With posts between George and I you can never connect the dots, or say there is linkage by cause and effect. It is all done by "opportunity" to have fun.

I love you man! Oh crap, that's the beer talkin'. Must be the reason for the damned dots I keep seeing as well. I never could connect them because the little boogers keep moving. Hope to see you soon. Maybe two or three of you if the booze permits.

g.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Well, I have found the nirvana of taprooms in Wildwood. Corner of Poplar and Pacific
My older son told me about a bar he had been to called Goodnight Irene's a few weeks ago in Wildwood.
More micros than you can handle.
I am at the shore and fishing every weekend and last weekend was my birthday, the same day as my good buddy, Michael Jackson. (Got him beat now)

The bride I decided to hit the bar at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday and I was amazed and overly excited.
I dove into a Lagunitas Pisner, followed by an Arrogant Bastard, followed by a Dogfishhead 90 IPA, followed by another Dogfishhead 90.
Yee freakin' haw !!

I counted 37 taps and their bottled selection is "staggering" as well. The tap selection changes almost daily according to the bartender.
The bonus is that the food is awesome with many beer based sauces.

We left at 3 and came back at 4 with some friends for round two. Ouch.

We will be hitting it again this weekend fer shure.

Here is their site:
http://www.goodnightirenes.com/

See you there!!!

Scott

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
The bride I decided to hit the bar at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday and I was amazed and overly excited.I dove into a Lagunitas Pisner, followed by an Arrogant Bastard, followed by a Dogfishhead 90 IPA, followed by another Dogfishhead 90.
Yee freakin' haw !!See you there!!! Scott

You lucky dog you. Sitting in a nice bar drinking with a purty girl on yer arm telling you how big and strong you are....and you whispering sweet nuthins in her ear. :dance:

The only think you lacked was a phillies blunt.

Now I know what thread everyone hangs out at all the time...

My favorite has to be Yuengling, followed by PBR.

I also go through phases where I want nothing but either Guiness or Harp.

There is an old looking bottle under glass at one of the bars on 72 by 4 mile circle labeled "Ye Olde Panther Piss". I'm sure that was a lovely one to drink :)

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Thanx for posting this, Gabe. It was great for an early morning laugh to start the day!
It musta broke that guys heart when they pried that 12-pack from his hand. He wasn't going to let go of it voluntarily. (not even to get off the floor) :beerspill:

John-

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Question

What brand of beer does a somewhat macho female resident of the Pines drink? (Jeff, she lives up by Mt. Misery. :) )

She can afford an expensive brew, but it needs to be in a can.

Please describe color of can as well.

Glo