Beta Test the New NJPineBarrens.com

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I must be the only one with the issue. It locks-up hard when coming directly into the Forums. When I come into the main page first, then click on Forums, I do not lock-up, however Quick-Links does not work. I tried deleting cookies, clearing cache, etc.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Well, so the weird thing is that I have tested with multiple versions of IE 6 and have not run into anything. I can't find what patches get me to the version that you have, so I can't reproduce that.

Traffic to the site has dropped off to 1/6th of what it was last month. Not quite sure why. I can't figure out anything in the logs - IE6 and IE7 are still generating the most hits -- if it was a multitude of people visiting in IE6 and locking up, I'd expect that to be the problem, but it's not.

So I really have no clue.

Really, the only difference between this new theme and the old, old one is the background color. So I have no idea why you're having so many problems. I also don't know why it would work if you come in from the front page and not if you directly request the URL.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I must be the only one with the issue. It locks-up hard when coming directly into the Forums. When I come into the main page first, then click on Forums, I do not lock-up, however Quick-Links does not work. I tried deleting cookies, clearing cache, etc.

I had not tried the QuickLinks so I went back to Windows and that worked fine . I also again went directly in to the Forums and again it worked fine.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I've been working with This_is_nascar a bit tonight and I think I have it narrowed down to one or two different things.

Unfortunately he just signed off so I'll have to wait until he comes back online to test some more.

Edit: He signed back on! :D

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Cool. If you've ever seen the Bachelor or maybe it was the Bachelorette, the main girl Helene is my best man's younger sister. I've known her since she was a baby, although Joe (my best man) and I stopped hanging out many years ago. True story.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I don't really watch much TV, let alone Reality TV, so I don't really know any of the players.

Right now my favorite show is either Top Gear on the BBC or the New Yankee Workshop on DIY.