Carranza Memorial in wraps

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

I will post later on my morning, but in the meantime tell me what you think or know about this. The Carranza Memorial is wrapped in an orange tarp. Could it have been painted by vandals, or damaged, or maybe some other reason? They could be cleaning it up for the celebration in July.

http://www.njpinebarrens.com/~teegate/5222004/IMG_3416.jpg

Guy

shoobie

May 17, 2004
Manahawkin
I sent an email to the dep and got this reply.
Rob - unfortunately, the memorial was vandalized approximately a week
ago and had to be covered up. Attempts to remove the graffiti were
unsuccessful so they had to place a tarp over it.

Michele

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
What good it the tarp going to do? It will just spike curiosity and more vandelizing will be done. Sorry guys, but I blame the rangers. They never seem to be around when you need them. Just like all the illegal quads and dirt bikes destroying our historic ruins. Growing up in the pine barrens, I know for a fact...most of the time the rangers mind their own business to the point that they are worthless. Yes of course the kids should know better and be taught better...but kids will be kids. There are no city buildings here for them to vandelize, therefore...
Having two sons nearing puberty, I have come to realize the poor quality of parents out there today. Their lack of judgement, and poor choice of priorities shows in thier children. These very same children will one day rule our world as we know it. Unfortunatlly, will we be at their mercy as we grow old..........Sue..........

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I doubt they will demolish it. They will most likely fix it if it is fixable. If they are going to demolish it, I am sure they would have to talk to the family or some sort of Mexican official. The family still comes to the celebration in July, so they must care.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The rangers can't be everywhere, and to be honest the less I see of them the better. I like going out there and not being bothered or scrutinized. I am not saying they are not needed, but we don't need big brother following us everywhere in the pines. What we need are people who can take responsibility for their own actions, and leave things alone.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
TeeGate said:
The rangers can't be everywhere, and to be honest the less I see of them the better. I like going out there and not being bothered or scrutinized. I am not saying they are not needed, but we don't need big brother following us everywhere in the pines. What we need are people who can take responsibility for their own actions, and leave things alone. Guy

Well said Guy, well said. In 22 years of living in Bamber, I have never seen a ranger in the greenwood tract. Pure nirvana to me.

Of course, the flip side is, Carusoville is attracting very strange characters. Someone made a little cat city out there. They made about 7 cat houses and supply them with bags of cat food. And the kids burn up entire pitch pines in the middle of the road while drinking. And the Red Dress incident is downright freaky. And don't forget the murder and shallow grave. And the rave with 500 kids last year. Come to think of it, I do wish someone would patrol just that area at night.

B

bach2yoga

Russ Jeulg said
"Someone used black spray paint and put white supremacist slogans, racial slurs, and a swastica on the monument. Each side has something on it. I intend to call the state forest folks to see what kind of investigation has been started. I saw it last Thursday evening. You would think that such deranged people would pick a different target to display their childish stupidity, but nothing is safe."

B

bach2yoga

TeeGate said:
BobM said:
And the Red Dress incident is downright freaky.

Tell us more Bob!

Guy

Guy,

There was a disturbing post on the Red Dress incident a while back re: stalking and finding dead bodies in the Pines. It was deleted and the general forum shut down.

Renee

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Renee, what forum is this?
I did a search, but found nothing. You really got me cuirous.

Ed

B

bach2yoga

It's not there anymore, it was deleted.
The entire general forum was shut down for several days, but the rest of the forums remained open.

Renee