Carranza Memorial in wraps

B

BarryC

Oh shoot. I told you I'd show you which foundation was Sue's house and I forgot. Darn.
bach2yoga said:
On our way to Hampton we moved a mud turtle across the road. Kendawg and Barry and my family and I started at Hampton Furnace, where we picked our first ripe blueberries of the season. On the way out we stopped at the Carranza Memorial. After that we checked out some of the foundations where Sue used to live in Friendship, and measured a huge oak Barry had found. A group of guys who were not from the area stopped us along the road at Friendship looking for a place to canoe, so we sent them out to 563.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

The Burlington County Times is writing an article on the vandalism at Carranza, and contacted me for my photo with the orange tarp over it. I guess I was late getting it to them, and they have decided most likely not to use it, but I sent it to them anyway.

The article is written by Paul Leakan, and will touch on the subject of the graffiti still being on it during the celebration among other things. So you all might want to check out the paper tomorrow, or possibly their website.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bruset said:
How did they know about your photo?

This thread was the impetus for his article. He saw it here....

It appears it is going to be an interesting article.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BEHR655 said:
Both articals said one of the graffitis was "Die Blacks". When I looked at it I was sure it said "Die Wetbacks". Can anyone else who saw it confirm this?

Steve

I wish I had looked at it closer, but with Kingofthepines agreeing, and wetback seeming more correct, it looks like the article may be wrong.

Guy

I forgot I had taken pictures.

One side said "All niggers should hang".

http://www.njpinebarrens.com/albums/album174/aaa.jpg

The next said "Die Wetbacks".

http://www.njpinebarrens.com/albums/album174/aab.jpg

Next, "White Power Skinz 4 E(ver)"

http://www.njpinebarrens.com/albums/album174/aac.jpg

The forth side's photo did not come out well. I remember when I was looking at the monument that it could have been and probably was a swastika.

Steve~who does not agree with the statements on the monument.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
There is a concrete epoxy paint that I am sure they could use to repaint the memorial. Not only would it get rid of the graphitti but it would also make the monument look super cool. Imagine it being a BRIGHT white...

Jello454

May 30, 2004
Piscataway NJ
What's the deal with that camp up the road from the memorial??? Maybe the person who did it came from there. Any one know anything about that place???

Jello

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Jello454 said:
What's the deal with that camp up the road from the memorial??? Maybe the person who did it came from there. Any one know anything about that place???

Jello

It's a boot camp for juvenile delinquents. If anyone from there DID do it, they would have had to escape armed guards.

Jello454

May 30, 2004
Piscataway NJ
Ben,
I did see a number of people from there I guess they were doing a pt run down the road in the direction of the memorial. All of them had shaved heads but they were of mixed races. That is a really weird place for a camp like that. Its almost on the edge of nowhere.

I do think that is pretty pathetic about the memorial being vandalized it was all un-covered but you can still see the words on it. It just doesn't make any sense to do that to something like a memorial. :think:

Jello

P

pineghost182

Carranza's Memorial is a very neat place to visit. Almost every time that I am in the pines i try to drive past and visit the memorial
There is alot of rumors of carranzas memorial being haunted.
I have visited the memorial many times and i have never had a problem with any ghosts there. Has anyone ever had an encounter with anything strange at carranza? Has anyone else heard of these rumors?

P

pineghost182

I have seen the spray paint on the memorial and i have seen the topics about in the vandalisim in the news paper. It made me so mad when i saw it on the front page. It is a shame that some one had to do such a stupid thing. The memorial service is this saturday and the paint is still on the memorial. I wonder what they will do about it. I saw the flowers and change that people place on the base of the structure.

I hope that they still have the service for Emilio Carranza