Forked River Mountain Cleanup

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
The cleanup this year is on Sunday, April 17. My cleanup area is deep in, over by the Parkway, just North of the Middle Branch of the Forked River. I am seeking a few people for my crew. You do need a 4 wheel drive to get back there.

I will have gloves and bags. We will likely not find any big nasty stuff back there, since most of that stuff has been picked up over the past 18 years of so. You will be walking along open sand areas and picking up bottles and other junk that vagabonds, derelicts, juvenile delinquents, and other creepy undesirables toss from their vehicle.

If you want to help, be at Wells Mills County park no later than 8:45. My crew will leave before the others do. As soon as I call roll, we're off. After we are done around 11:30 or 12:00, we head to the mountain for hot dogs if you'd like.

Let me know by PM or this post if you will be in on this so I can look for you.

bob

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
You know I will be there Bob.

Gabe, you can ride with me, as far as I know I will be coming alone. If not I can bring my Jeep instead of my pick up and I will still have room for you.

Chris

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Bob, Count me in. Is this the same area we were in earlier this year? Will my land yacht be able to get around?

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
I should be able to make it Bob. Just got to check w the old lady and make sure Im free. If so, I got the pick-up and might have an interested buddy or two with trucks as well. Thanks for info.
Mike

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Dana and I can come, and I have a pickup now. But I'd like to at least team up with some folks I know and generally be in a safer area where I can keep an eye on Dana and be around some folks that I know. She's old enough to do simple things and I think she'd like to help clean up - I just will need to find some kid sized gloves for her.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Make sure you bring water and some sort of small snack for her. It is hard work just walking around and she will get thirsty.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Tom and all, for those familiar with the area, here it is. It is North of the Middle Branch of the Forked River. Area C.

Area_C_2011.PNG