Forked River Mountain Cleanup

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Due to a fortuitous scheduling change of my gun club's work day, I will be at Wells Mills to meet you alls.

Gabe, put your drinkin' shoes on, I got a few Undercover Investigation Shutdowns and some other things to sample afterwards.
:)

I spoke to Gabe earlier and he has a soar throat.. poor little guy. Anyway, he told me to try those samples for him, so even though I dont like that stuff, Im willing to try it anyway :)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
All, I slept terrible last nite. Before I get there, please make a litter out of pine boughs and cedar saplings. You'll have to carry me the whole way. :)

Don't forget to bring water or something to drink while out there.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We will use briers as a cover over it so you are comfortable :)

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was an interesting day with a great crew.

Jessica holding the turtle I found.

IMG_7282.JPG

IMG_7285a.jpg

Piney Mike's misses Betsy did some exploring and found a previously unknown pile of shingles that Bob wanted removed. So we had to call in the big guns.

IMG_7286.JPG

Our crew minus me and Jessica who was hiding behind Tom in the back of Bob's truck.

IMG_7294.JPG

Some of the trash.

IMG_7295.JPG

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Sorry I left without saying goodbye. It looked like everyone had vanished and I had been fighting some sort of bug or something so felt terrible all day. (So if you were thinking I was quiet or "off" that's why.) I ended up driving to the Nature Conservancy land and parking by the big plains/savannah thing and taking a nap before driving all the way back to Princeton.

It was great seeing everyone!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
It was great to see you today Ben.
We were scratching our heads when we saw that you were gone. We had walked over to the east slope to look at the view and walked back to the food area and you poofed.
We ended up down the street from Bob's for a couple, two or ten frosties and my hollow leg filled up after a few good hours.
I had to head for the ranch after depositing Gabe back at Wells Mills.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It was one of those memorable days. What a crew we had...efficient, fun to be with, and no complaining....how can you beat that? And to top it all off, the weather kept getting better and better all day.

Thank you all for participating. I really had a great time being with you guys...joking, laughing, working together...just a great day all-around!

PS: Fierodoug and Beth, and Mike and Betsy...I had more than one comment about how hard you worked. You are good people!

fierodoug

Explorer
Jul 12, 2010
Browns Mills
Thanx, we had a great time, and the weather ended up great. I had to reinstall some parts that fell off the Geo Tracker when I got home. Some of those puddles almost swallowed the Tracker.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanx, we had a great time, and the weather ended up great. I had to reinstall some parts that fell off the Geo Tracker when I got home. Some of those puddles almost swallowed the Tracker.

I saw you doing something in front of the drivers door when we left to head to the mountain.

Ben, it sounded like you had a cold at the end. I was wondering what was up.

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Sorry I didn't make it my friends. It seems these past few years something always prevents me from making it. Today was my wife's birthday. I only made the FRM clean up once. Looks like it was a great day for you all, and for the FRMs also.

Jeff

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Well, that was my first visit to the FRM. What a great area. It was nice seeing some old friends and making new ones. Scott, thanks for the tasty beverages. Let me know what you think of the Storm King. Piney Mike, thanks to you and your lovely Betsy for the hospitality. The paddle up the upper Cedar was a nice one!