He'll be gone soon.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Wow! King is the KING. That kicked ass!

The next time you see me don't take a photo of me.....stop me.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'm beginning to see that facts carry virtually no importance in the debates but I thought I'd add a few more thoughts on the war.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following...

FDR...led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. Johnson...turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the years since terrorists attacked us President Bush has ....liberated two countries; crushed the Taliban; crippled al-Qaida; eliminated Libyas nuclear program, and captured Saddam Hussein who slaughtered 800,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...It took less time to take the Iraqi army than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chapaquiddick.

WW2 was 63 years ago and we still have troops in Europe and Japan. Talk to me in 63 years about troops still in Iraq.

King, fess up. Are they your own "thoughts", or did you lift them off someone else?

All you republicans live in "sound-bite" city.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
BEHR665 wrote:
You seem to be under the impression that an administration can act solely on it's own. That is what the Dems would have you believe, until they are in power of course.

That is not my impression at all, although it is my impression that this administration is in charge of our policy in this war and that they are the ones calling the shots. Am I mistaken?

We sprayed a little Raid and the roaches came out of the cracks. Are there more on the surface now than there was before? You betchya! Hand me that can of Raid.

It's a vicious cycle, Steve. Raid will only do so much. A change in policy can do a whole lot more, methinks.

The question is, do you think that these terrorists loved us before the war?

Is that really the question?

How are you less safe?

Well, this war only continues to make us more enemies.

We now know who our enemies are. Before 9/11 we were sitting here fat and happy, unaware of the danger.

We knew damn well that Islamic terrorists were our enemies. They tried to level the WTC a decade before they succeeded, for crying out loud. This administration, prior to going to war, even recieved detailed intelligence reports which revealed the Bin Laden and Co. were intending to orchestrate an attack on our soil.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Well I tried to get them from Al Franken's station, but his network went bankrupt. Let's be real Bob. Both sides suck. I'll just take the lesser of the two evils. Your entitled to your opinion. :)

C'mon Tom, don't just roll over. You almost sound apologetic. Get with the program. I'm not going to let you guys make a list of pro-rebublican statements without challenging you. We're just having fun at the same time.

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
I was trying to stay out of this but....

I thought no better day to talk politics than on election day. I'll throw my 2 cents in. First all I have been a registered Republican my whole life (all 30 years) but I have many concerns about where out country is headed.

My own personal view of Iraq: I think the "invasion" was justified because for years Saddam Hussein stuck his middle finger at the US and the rest of the world. For years he was not complying with UN rules and sanctions and he probably should have been dealt with years ago. What good is the UN if they do not enforce their rules? Saddam was given multiple chances to comply with the UN but never did. The rest of the countries that make up the UN should have elected to go into Iraq, but they did not. How I see it, the US did what the UN should have done years ago. I don't think the president should have ever sold us on "we are going into because Iraq has WMD's. He should have said "we are going into Iraq because we don't know what Iraq has and they have not played by the rules."

Possibly when dealing with other countries like Iran and North Korea, they will show little respect to the UN. They'll say fine, sanction us, we really don't care. If the UN threatens with force, they might not get scared because the UN went soft on Iraq. Some people might think the US can be the world's police department, I on the other hand don't they should and don't think they can be.

Maybe the US should not have gone into Iraq at all unless they had the full cooperation of the UN?

It will be interesting to find out how history looks back at this time period. Will the real reasons why the US went into Iraq ever come out? Maybe George W will look like a genius for creating a permanent US presence in the Middle East? Or maybe not.

What really bothers me is that I believe the US being in Iraq hinders us from dealing with Iran, who is a "real threat." Iran is not supposed to be playing with nuclear power and they are and they are sticking it in our face. What is better, Iraq with Saddam Hussein or Iran with a nuclear weapon? The US cannot attack Iran because they have missiles that can reach our troops in Iraq and that can reach Isreal. Plus the Persian Gulf is a giant bathtub with one way in and one way out. Iran would be more than happy to start firing cruise missiles are our warships. Something that probably won't happen because that would be a direct attack on the US and the US would be forced to respond with probable unrelinquished hell on earth. Iran is taking full advantage of their position, they realize the US cannot respond like they could if they weren't in Iraq.

Oh, I just thought of this. The Dems also voted to go to war with Iraq and now they talk like it was all a bad idea, well you voted for it didn't you? And they all say the US needs to get out of there. Well no crap, really? What is missing is an actual plan. I think Kerry lost on that 2 years ago. I can sit here and say we need to get out of Iraq, but how is the real question.

I think George Carville coined the phrase for Clinton during the 1992 election when he said, "It's the economy stupid." I think he is right, after all this talk about Iraq it still comes down to one thing, the economy. Some people say the economy is doing great, others aren't so sure. I'm no economists but I know one thing, this country is in so much debt right now it's scary. Sooner or later it is going to bite us in the a$$. A country, company or your own personal finances cannot be managed like the way this country is. You know who is funding our country right now? China. An ever increasing amout of foreign countries are investing in our assets, which could be good, but it puts the US at risks. More and more countries are turning to the Euro and doing away with the dollar. If countries start dumping the dollar, this country is in serious trouble. The US needs to remain strong. One thing that is hampering the US is the cost of Iraq, I heard last night it has cost the US 382 billion dollars so far, I think our defense budget is right around 440 billion. Imagine all those programs that will be cut, like funding for the F22 Raptor or the upcoming JSF F35. Our military is great but the parts are getting old and need to be replaced. Heck the great F15 dates back to the late 1960's, the F16 and F18 date back to the 1970's. The US is only buying 182 F22's, is that enough? We need those planes and a well funded military to take on China and the likes in the near future.

I really don't know the point of this. It's probably the longest thing I have written since I left college, haha. I just had to get my thoughts out there, you can disagree or not, that is fine. I just want people to be educated and to think about the future. I do not think the future is tomorrow, next week or next year, it is 5, 10 or 15 years down the road from now. Where will our country be at that time? Is it time for a new plan, if yes then lets here it and lets do it. One thing I just thought of, even though I just rambled on about the economy. Let us not forget our country was not founded on a great economy, what made our country great or what makes it great is our liberties and freedom. If you are a Republican or Democrat it doesn't matter. Get involved, get informed and vote! I apologize now if I have taken up too much of your time.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
For years he was not complying with UN rules and sanctions and he probably should have been dealt with years ago. What good is the UN if they do not enforce their rules?

What about Israel's defiance of UN resolutions? Why is it okay for Israel to ignore the UN and not Iraq?

He should have said "we are going into Iraq because we don't know what Iraq has and they have not played by the rules." [/url]

If he had said that, the war would have never started. Besides, how is what goes on in the middle east any of our business? We're barely able to run our own country.

Iran is not supposed to be playing with nuclear power and they are and they are sticking it in our face.

Who decides that? The US? The UN?

Europe is in more danger of a nuclear Iran. Let them deal with it.

Oh, I just thought of this. The Dems also voted to go to war with Iraq and now they talk like it was all a bad idea, well you voted for it didn't you?

People were blatently lied to. If you have the President and his staff coming on TV, going in front of the UN, and saying "we have concrete proof that Iraq has nuclear technology and intends to use it against us or intends to give it to al-Queda" how else are you supposed to vote?

It's only now, after years of fighting and not even the smallest glimmer of a WMD or the means to product one, that people are saying "hey, this war is a bad idea."

And they all say the US needs to get out of there. Well no crap, really? What is missing is an actual plan. I think Kerry lost on that 2 years ago. I can sit here and say we need to get out of Iraq, but how is the real question.

You can't. The Dems can't. The Republicans can't. It's a huge mess that we'll probably only get out of by "cutting and running" and leaving Iraq to fend for itself.