Photo Archives--Forked River Mountain Coalition

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I would have to agree it was lake you think it is.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Slide 11--1973--Hollow Field Cemetary

11A.PNG

Reactions: John and Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe I know that one. We have been there together and it looks nothing like that now. The crosses are shown in the book you have or scanned for me. I will let others guess.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is the first lake and I believe yours is also. The second lake is much different and had much less water.

Update: Looking over some of my photo's you may be correct. Do you see a wooden dock in your enlarged photo?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Check this out. I took a photo from the same location but slightly lower down the hill in about 1976 or so. I know where that is at and will go back one day and try to add a third photo to the mix.

70s.jpg

Reactions: John and bobpbx

Star Tree

Scout
Apr 28, 2011
Waretown
Thanks for posting Mrs. Morgan’s photos. The first time I ever met her was on the road between Wells Mills and Brookville. I was about 14 and my friends and I thought we were in the middle of no where. We were amazed to run into any one especially two ladies. They had the dogs that are in the Bear Swamp Hill photo. I distinctly remember the Collie.

Reactions: bobpbx

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It is the first lake and I believe yours is also. The second lake is much different and had much less water.

Update: Looking over some of my photo's you may be correct. Do you see a wooden dock in your enlarged photo?

Guy, no, I don't see a dock. Below is why I think it could be the second lake. But, as shown in your photo, that is a similar cove across from the photographer, so it could be either one (in fact, I'm leaning in your favor now).

secondlake.PNG
secondlake2.PNG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Bob,

Picture this. Your circle in the above photo is where the mopar was parked. Where the swimmer is would be the middle of my first posted photo, and I took the photo way to the left of your above photo. I say it is the first lake.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob,

Picture this. Your circle in the above photo is where the mopar was parked. Where the swimmer is would be the middle of my first posted photo, and I took the photo way to the left of your above photo. I say it is the first lake.

I'm with you except for one critical detail Guy. The person who took the photo in mine was standing pretty high on a hill, and that is the second lake. How would the mopar get down that hill?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I'm with you except for one critical detail Guy. The person who took the photo in mine was standing pretty high on a hill, and that is the second lake. How would the mopar get down that hill?

You may be right.... but that end of the second lake looked different back then. This shows the dock and the cleared edge of the second lake. This was developed in 10/1978.

http://teegate.njpinebarrens.com/03092014/10_78OldHalfWay.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Easy one. To open the discussion I was there in 1973 and only remembered the one house being there. However, I was concentrating on the one house on the corner because people were living in it with chickens running all over the road. I was not really into old things back then and regret that.