RAIN?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Monday we should get a generous amount of rain.

Starting to look more stingy than generous. :)

- - - - - - - - -

Today
Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight
New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Columbus Day
New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Monday Night
New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tuesday
A slight chance of showers. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was looking at the radar early this morning and it appeared I could get to Bass River today and look for a few things. Just when I was ready to leave it started raining here and looking bad for that area this morning. It will have to wait until next weekend.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Do you think so? There is one skinny band just now heading offshore, it rained briefly here. But the main storm is staying to the west so far.

radar.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yesterday I drove back from Boston. Every mower on the side of the highways was surrounded by a cloud of dust

I drove up Mount Washington in NH with Janet this past Monday. You usually only have a 20% chance of good weather for that. We were treated to 75 degrees, nary a breeze, and 100 miles of visibility. Stunning. Same thing the next day when we went to Franconia Notch State Park. Only 30% of the leaves were turning, but a nice trade off. Both travel days were the same.

Reactions: smoke_jumper

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Do you think so? There is one skinny band just now heading offshore, it rained briefly here. But the main storm is staying to the west so far.

I went and was dry the complete time down that way. Raining slightly when I left here and when I returned.

Reactions: Boyd

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
2.5 inches of rain, according to the above excellent map, on Lake Absegami in Bass River SF = how many gallons of water? Anybody? (Lake is said to be 67 acres)

I come up with 4.5 million gallons of water falling into the lake.

The spillway was completely dry last week, and water was pouring over today. It was a good rain.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Has been coming down steadily here since mid afternoon. Glad it wasn't a snow forecast, that would have been a mess with all this moisture, :)

T

Toothy Critter

The Aquifer is borderline record low. I say ,,,let it rain and when it stops...let it rain some more... and when that stops...