The NEW Beer Thread

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Just a heads up for any fans of Flying Dog brews.
Their outsatnding winter ale, K-9 Cruiser, is in the stores right now.
I just stocked up at Canal's in Berlin.
Drool.

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
Uh, Guys,

Real men drank Blue Collar Beer from Vineland, in a dirty mug!

IMG_7734.jpg

I've been so busy lately that coffee replaced beer as a beverage. That's a a spong "pocket-type" coffee grinder in the far right. Maps and deeds often used “spung” during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries to describe intermittent ponds, but by the nineteenth and twentieth century, “spong” was often preferred. The change in spelling may have been spurred by introduction of the “spong” coffee mill developed by James Osborne Spong in 1856. Spong coffee mills are occasional encountered in the Pines, and were in-part what inspired me to study ponds. Mine has been in daily use since 1978. 100 turns a day, 365 days a year, 33 years.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
I recall BCB. They went out of business shortly after I turned 21, so I don't recall how it tasted. I remember I like it, though. Say, Spung-Man, I still await your response to the "salt hay burning?" thread.... ;)

ericsanjuan

Dec 1, 2011
I've been so busy lately that coffee replaced beer as a beverage.
Have you ever had a coffee stout? It's just what it sounds like, a stout beer brewed with coffee. The good ones are very good. You wouldn't want to have one for breakfast, but they go well with coffee cake after dinner. Very nice on a winter night.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Tuckahoe Brewing Company

DENNIS TOWNSHIP — The Tuckahoe Brewing Company will begin producing its first commercial batch of DC Pale Ale today, but the four local brewers who started the company have been fine-tuning their recipe for years.
All homebrewers for about seven years, they received their license last week to become the second brewery in Cape May County and only one of six in South Jersey. In the next few weeks, their beers will be available at local restaurants for the first time.
In their small warehouse on Stoney Court in Ocean View, Tim Hanna explained that he and his friends had always talked about starting a brewery as a second career, after retirement.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_1eff7bb6-2d1d-11e1-8e73-001871e3ce6c.html

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
Have you ever had a coffee stout?

Sounds interesting. I like stouts, but am not too sure about the caffeine and beer mix - conflicting goals. Maybe a hint of that would work in something even more complex like a Belgian Ale. Sort'a puts me in mind of Pittsburg Brewing Company's Hop-'n-Gator, which was a beer and Gatorade beverage in the '70s. Hop tea's used to treat insomnia, and packs a pungent smell. I could use a spot of Kent Golding this winter. The steamed shoots are a delicacy!

S-M