The Pine Borings

Kim

Feb 28, 2009
I think "Pine Barrens" should be changed to "Pine Borings". Of all the words I can think of to describe this place, "boring" tops the list. Sugar sand - boring. Pine trees -boring. Poop brown rivers - boring. It is a well-known fact that virtually any one place in the Pine Borings looks like a thousand other places in the Pine Borings. I have gone tubing and canoeing on several rivers in the Pine Borings, and I might as well have done the same river each time. Going to the Pine Borings is like watching the same movie again and again. Sure, you might notice something small you hadn't before, but you basically already know what you're going to see next. Boring!

Sure, you might say that there's alot of history here. Sure there is. The Lenni-Lenape thought of the Pine Borings as just something in the way of their fertile Delaware Valley and the Shore. For the Lenape, the Pines were only good for burning. Most of the history of the Pine Borings was based upon the raping and pillaging of what was otherwise considered to be a wasteland. The trees were only good for building and burning. The streams were only good for powering the mills, furnaces and forges that ate trees like Andy Reid eats cheesesteaks. Ok, ok. I suppose the streams had other uses too, such as for dumping waste! Yeah, you've got history here. The history of the Pine Borings is such that they were exhaustively exploited in order to enrich the lives of the people who lived and worked where the real history was taking place, e.g. New York and Philadelphia.

The Pine Borings!

Kim

Feb 28, 2009
Boy said:
You must be bored to waste so much time posting this.

No, Boy, I'm not bored. Having fun, actually. FYI, I did not spend "so much time" posting that, unless of course you consider 5 minutes to be "so much time".

And after reading it, I'm bored too

Yes, the truth about the Pine Borings is indeed boring. I'm glad you can see that!

Kim

Feb 28, 2009
GermanG said:
I’ve actually found those who are the most easily bored to be the most boring people to speak to or spend time with

Just because I think the Pine Barrens are boring does not mean that I am easily bored. If you knew me, you would say no such thing. But you on't know me, do you?

Kim

Feb 28, 2009
Mts83 said:
all I can say is don't feed the trolls.

So I'm a troll because I think the Pine Barrens are boring?

The things I said are true, and it would seem that none of you can refute it.

Kim

Feb 28, 2009
bruset said:
I wonder how many people are going to be suckered into replying to this.

Hi Mr. Administrator. You must be really bored to maintain a site about one of the most boring places in NJ.

kingofthepines

Explorer
Sep 10, 2003
the final outpost
IBTL

22mandog.jpg

Kim

Feb 28, 2009
Oh, c'mon kingofthepines. I stated my opinion, and I supported it with facts.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Personal attack noted.

Sweetheart (and I do hope your a girl with a name like Kim),

You had to join this forum and post this thread looking for a personal attacks. We are people who thoroughly enjoy spending time in the pines, and although I cant speak for the other members here, I can honestly say I spend time hiking, paddling, camping, fishing, and relaxing in these woods to put people like you on the back burner. Why even waste your time? Sorry bruset, I've always been a sucker for bait.
Where do you dwell Kim, that you like it that much better than the woods? Just curious.

Kim

Feb 28, 2009
PineyMike,

Did you know that roughly 16% of people with "Kim" as their first name are in fact males? Moreover, what makes you think that Kim is not my last name? In any case, I quite like being called "sweetheart". Thanks, sweety!