The Pine Borings

BlueMoonMuskrat

Explorer
Sep 12, 2008
i don't think any thread should be closed.

if somebody wants to waste their time writing about how boring the pines are, let them.

perhaps they can help stop the curious litter bugs from going back there.

also, the irony of it all is pretty funny too.

anyway, hopefully tomorrow i can go camping in the snow in these boring pines. i'll be sure to post some boring photos too.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Keep it rolling

Is anyone interested in me closing this thread? I vote yes.

The responses in this thread are quite comical, so keep it going for a few more days. Maybe there should be a "Best Response" recognition to keep it even more lively.

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
And if it is...

Looks like Kim threw in a firecracker. Boring is just an opinion, and the pine barrens can be whatever anyone thinks it is. The forest doesn't have an opinion and it doesn't care what people think of it. Yes, things can be quiet and "boring" sometimes but that's what I love about it. I grew up on 20 acres in Mullica Twp. and honestly took the space I had for granted. Now I live in a condo in a crowded area in Sicklerville and would take nothing going on any day over a bitchy neighbor, and uneducated traffic. So for me, let it be "boring", as that's what will keep so many people away from it, and let's it remain peaceful for the ones who can appreciate so much not going on.

Kevin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I knew you would catch that Boyd :) A little detective work get one close and maybe on the money. I would have said the town but that was pushing it.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Almost all of us have external device interface IPs that change regularly when our systems renew their DHCP leases;

Sure, but from what I've seen the cable and phone companies have regional pools of addresses, so you may not be able to tell what computer was actually used or even which house an IP points to, but you can probably figure out the town, as Guy says.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Yes, you can sometimes get geographical boundaries, and you can always get upstream provider info. So you know it's a Comcast subscriber, or whatever, but you can't reliably pin it down any further without subpoenas to the ISP.