Picnic

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It seems to me it should be along or near a river, away from everyone else, with no or little other noises to interfere with our conversations. It is a pine barren cookout is it not?

As for the food, I hope Bob brings that pasta salad again, since besides a burger that is about all I will most likely eat. Even though that Little Debbie hit the spot for desert on our last eating adventure!

Do you plan on having this soon Bob or later in the year? I have two weekends in September I may not be able to make it.

I will bring whatever you tell me to Bob. Except the beer that is :)

Have you noticed there have been quite a few views on this post? If there is anyone else interested, please join in.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Roostriz said:
I'm a relative noob but I'd be interested in hooking up with you guys sometime.
Chris

Keep checking back here and when we have the picnic try to attend if possible. I think most of the regulars will be there so the conversations should be interesting.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I have to travel next week, so it will be later than the following weekend for sure. I have thought of my house, it not a bad idea. I have also thought of the picnic areas at Lake Absegami or Oswego, and then after we eat and shoot the bull, towards evening we can go to a secluded favorite spot in the pines and have a small fire and hoist a couple for those who want to.

Another possibility I will look into; the picnic area at Bamber. Its really beautiful by the lake.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
bruset said:
Bob,

What about over by that bridge on the "fairway" at Colliers Mills?

Is a pretty area, but I'm leaning toward being able to swim too in case its smothering hot. I know we can swim at Bamber after the life guards leave (for instance if we made it an early evening picnic.) I also have an above ground pool.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I most likely can't make the 24th of July if that is the date you decide on.

Guy

NewSchoolPiney

Explorer
Jun 16, 2003
Boston, MA
www.pinemind.com
How are we going to go about deciding which day is the best? It seems there is a ton of interest and as with most popular outings here, it's going to be tough to agree on a date that will accomodate everyone's schedule.

Would a poll suffice, Ben/everyone? Or do we just want to say "This is the date"?

BTW - Went swimming the Batsto River yesterday. No bugs and no people. Water was pretty warm too.

Peace,

Justin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The best way is to just pick a date, which is the way Bob usually does it.

Guy