Picnic

wombat

Mar 22, 2005
East Norriton, PA
TeeGate said:
We have over 629 reads of this post, and about 4 or 5 people have committed to wanting to attend. Many people must be interested, but just not saying so. Am I wrong?

Guy
Uhh, I'm interested in attending, but are we talking about the picnic or the Allaire trip now? My head is spinning after reading the whole picnic thread :) I was planning on coming on the Allaire trip; since I live over on the wrong side of the Big River all of these events are a bit "out of the way" but worth the ride. (I enjoy seeing how all you quaint Pineys live. Is it true that you aren't allowed to carry concealed weapons or pump your own gas? Incredible!!) LOL!!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
wombat said:
Is it true that you aren't allowed to carry concealed weapons or pump your own gas? Incredible!!) LOL!!

I read on the news that people are leaving the pump without paying in record numbers. Some states that have self serve would like to eliminate it, but the store owners make the most money when drivers come in to pay, and buy merchandise.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
To be clear here, the Picnic date was canceled temporarily because I goofed and planned it for the same date as the Allaire trip.

The Allaire trip is this coming Saturday. So far I know I am going.

As far as the picnic, even if 5 come it will be nice to get together.........

wombat

Mar 22, 2005
East Norriton, PA
TeeGate said:
I read on the news that people are leaving the pump without paying in record numbers. Some states that have self serve would like to eliminate it, but the store owners make the most money when drivers come in to pay, and buy merchandise.

Guy
Pay? I'm supposed to pay, when I pump it myself? Why didn't anybody ever tell me this before? :confused:

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Hi Gang. I'm up for a picnic. Sundays are best for me since my fiancee dosnt have to work. She works a lot of saturday mornings. The last weekend in August we are both away to the Phila Folk Fest. If anyone is going to the fest let me know. We'll be camping for the weekend.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Boyd said:
Maybe it should be held at Lake Broyhill, so everyone can enjoy a nice swim? :)

Good one :)

BTW, Boyd, I spend an hour today reading all about you online...you are quite the man. Congrats on your career!

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Boyd said:
Uh-oh... an hour must have been enough time to dig up all sorts of embarrasing stuff :eek:

But thanks anyway!

Well, I also looked over your photo's that you were doing comparisons on. BTW, do you have any quick tips on improving old B/W photo's? I am not sure how deep you do into that.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Most of my work is with video these days, so I haven't even picked up my Nikon in months. There isn't a lot of method to my madness though, I just pull stuff into photoshop and mess around with it until I like the way it looks.

Do you have a graphics tablet? That's one thing which can really help with touching things up; a mouse is pretty limiting. WACOM makes the "Graphire" series of inexpensive tablets which have pressure sensitive styluses and 3 button cordless mice for under $100. Really great for touching up images, using the clone/stamp tool, or just "painting." The pressure sensitive aspect of it is what's most useful, you can get much more subtle blends.

I have one of their more expensive Intuitos tablets, but the Graphire works really well too and the price is right...

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I have a lot of aggravation with all the regulations the state has with a picinic in their parks and campgrounds. Only 2 cars to a campground, minimum 2 nites stay, no alcohol, blah, blah. Here are 2 choices:

Bamber Lake picnic area on Saturday, Sept 10. In order to rent it I would have to pay $50, but its only $5 a person if 10 people can make it. I'd like to rent it this week, so let me know.

Lake Absegami picnic area on Sept 10. We would have to pay $5 per car, arrive early to secure a picnic table (or 2), no alcohol.

Any last minute great suggestions? They have to be really good suggestions though, a must-have is a place to jump in the water if hot, and these 2 fit the bill.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I will go along with whatever place those who are going choose.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I really do like Lake Oswego, but it only has 2 picnic tables and people grab them fast. Anything we can do about that?

Regarding Calico Ridge, tell me more. Can you swim?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
I really do like Lake Oswego, but it only has 2 picnic tables and people grab them fast. Anything we can do about that?

Regarding Calico Ridge, tell me more. Can you swim?

We had one picnic table at the end of the 3 River Crossing hike, and all we used it for was to hold the food supplies. We all ate in our chairs. So it seems to me all we need wherever we go is a portable table to hold the food. I have one and if anyone else has one we could use them.

Edit: http://www.njpinebarrens.com/teegate/main.php/download/458-1/IMG_5421.jpg

Guy