Pine Barrens in for late season hurricane or big northeaster?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
This storm was no sissy - they are calling it the most expensive natural disaster in US history, estimates range up to $50 billion. 8 million people without power and 3 million are here in New Jersey - I suspect that's why we haven't seen more posts here or in the other thread.

You and I were just lucky and should be thankful for that.

Reactions: pineywoman

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Our Webmaster has been hit severely. His place got hit under water in Toms River. Please keep in prayers. Other friends have not heard anything in regards to their homes at the shore.

I am here to help and be of any assistance. I have no electricity and my town is under water, but not the severity as most. Some people have lost EVERYTHING. I am here to help any in need.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
This storm was no sissy - they are calling it the most expensive natural disaster in US history, estimates range up to $50 billion. 8 million people without power and 3 million are here in New Jersey - I suspect that's why we haven't seen more posts here or in the other thread.

You and I were just lucky and should be thankful for that.
Maybe the shore just took it out of her.Didn't do much here,the derecho tore this area up much worse.Then again there shouldn't be any towns on those barrier islands to begin with.They move,I thought people knew that.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Any word on Sea Isle? I have not heard anything. Sea Isle police are directing folks to local news stations. Does anyone know when permitted to return into Sea Isle?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Our Webmaster has been hit severely. His place got hit under water in Toms River. Please keep in prayers. Other friends have not heard anything in regards to their homes at the shore.

I am here to help and be of any assistance. I have no electricity and my town is under water, but not the severity as most. Some people have lost EVERYTHING. I am here to help any in need.
do you live on the shore or along the delaware river? The towns along the bay are flooded.I think most of the damage is from flooding and big waves.Not many trees down at all from what I see around here but a lot of flooding in all low areas.Buckshutem swamp filled up but did not overflow 555 which i have seen it do in the past when we have gotten more rain then what we just got.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
I'm a block away from the Delaware River. A couple residents under water. Went to check on them. They are okay.The roads to get out are flooded. There are normally two bypasses and both blocked and completely under water. Our electric will be out for over a week. They literally had to fix the tracks so that local residents can get out via car, but is a pedestrian crossroad.

Nothing on news on Sea Isle and family has property and concerned. Nothing on news. Nada.

rjb

Scout
Oct 11, 2009
south toms river nj usa
Aerial view of Normandy Beach NJ

46549_465861300124128_1181392302_n.jpg

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Muskin, I contacted our bud Ben earlier today. He lost everything. Please everyone reach out and help if you can.

I'm here to help in any way I can. I'm sure I'll be assisting with cleanup in Sea Isle. Doesn't look pretty.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Yes, the bossman. Time to rally the Piney troops. Plus, he's going to kill me for posting, but I'm sure he can use any help any one can give.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Also, I am in need of anyone willing to spare their generator for a few days. I am willing to pick it up and drop it off. There are families I know with small children without power and need it. These families will surely appreciate it.

Thank you, Piney Friends!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Muskin, I contacted our bud Ben earlier today. He lost everything. Please everyone reach out and help if you can.

I live across the toms river from Ben. Many roads are closed or still unaccessible, very difficult to get anywhere but local. Those that evacuated are not being let back to their homes. The water levels are still very high. It is going to take some time. Hopefully Ben evac'd and has shelter and is safe, as it will not be better for some time. Best advice to Ben is to get in contact with emergency management or the red cross. Some areas have faired well, others have been wiped out.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
He did get out and is safe, just everything destroyed. I Read reports that there were 500 people stuck in their homes in Toms River and calling 911 as water was coming in. This is so sad and horrendous. My heart goes out to all of these folks. And to all the rescuers. Not one person has been reported in a death in Toms River despite people who were trapped in their homes.

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Also, I am in need of anyone willing to spare their generator for a few days. I am willing to pick it up and drop it off. There are families I know with small children without power and need it. These families will surely appreciate it.

Thank you, Piney Friends!

I can't help with the generator (I don't have one) but do people need water or other things?

Also, what's the story with Ben?

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Ben seems good, I guess considering the circumstances.

In terms of water etc. I'm still trying to find out. I have a friend who just reached the shore area about an hour ago and is going to let me know if people need things. He's a NJ rescuer and responder. I'm here to rally up the troops, offer my time and get together any thing needed for these misplaced folks.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I can't help with the generator (I don't have one) but do people need water or other things?

Don't know about other areas, but in Toms River we are collecting water and clothes and bringing it to staging areas fior distribution as no one is allowed on the barrier islands or the really bad areas. The Natl Guard is actively involved as well. Best to contact the EM people in your area.

I just saw a picture of the Mantoloking Bridge and the dune breach. Unbelievable. Its going to take a really long time folks.